Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter, part 1

After a minute or two, Caleb got into the spirit of things at our church's Easter eggstravaganza. He picked up several eggs and put them in his bucket... then he discovered that the eggs had things inside!
We finally had egg-hunting success this year! The last two years, Hannah stood there and cried when the whistle blew and all the kids ran out. She was a little hesitant at first, but Nana and Memaw encouraged her to get started! Here are the fruits (eggs) of her labor...
Hannah tentatively touched a few of the animals... Caleb couldn't wait to get in the pen and touch this piglet! I was afraid he would go for the food dish- he loves to eat our dogs' food, so I thought he might want to sample a different flavor. Thankfully, he was interested in the cute little pigs! Hannah kept saying, "Those look like bed hogs!"... that's what Nana calls her when she spends the night upstairs.
Showing off the rabbit on her cheek...
Caleb absolutely loved this inflatable slide... we went down 3 times in a row. When we finished, we would get back in line and he threw a fit the whole time wanting to get on right then and there... there was just this little thing called a line complicating things! I'm sure it was quite a sight watching me hoist him and myself up the side. I carried him with my right arm while pulling us up by hanging onto the rope with my left arm. After the 3rd time, Mom was huffing and puffing for sure...

No comments: