Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Joy

Caleb had a good Christmas. When we first asked him earlier in December what he wanted Santa to bring him, he said, "just whatever he wants to bring me." Such a breath of fresh air to get a glimpse that Caleb will (hopefully) have a spirit that is not greedy. He finally said he wanted a video game... and that's what he stuck with the entire month. We started Advent this year... I had been thinking about it, but I wasn't sure where to start or exactly what direction I wanted to go with it. At our small group Christmas party the first Sat. of the month, our sweet leaders talked about how much Advent had meant to their family. Nancy Peevy just whipped out this great handout full of ideas- exactly what I needed! I bought my purple, pink, and white candles and we just went for it. After a little bit of a rough start (Caleb has a bit of an obsession with blowing out candles, so he immediately blew it out the 1st night right after I told him not to; Me: Who is Mary? C: She marries people), we got into the rhythm of it. He was very excited when it was time for the Christ candle on Christmas day. His favorite gifts included his Wii that Santa repaired for him, his new Dinosaur game for his leap pad, and an awesome t-rex. Here are a few pictures of our December...

A real-life reindeer at the square...










Singing in his program at preschool...

and enjoying the birthday party for Jesus afterward.

Singing in his preschool choir open house at church...they rocked "Go Tell it on the Mountain"!







No comments: